is something which goes around the neck
of a person, animal, or thing (such as a bottle).
Specifically, collar may mean:
- Collar (clothing), the part of a garment that fastens around or frames the neck.
- Collar (animal), a strap for an animal's neck to which a leash or harness may be attached.
- Collar (BDSM), a device of any material placed around the neck of the submissive partner in BDSM.
- Collar (jewelry), an ornament for the neck, especially a close-fitting necklace popular in the Edwardian period and sporadically thereafter, or a livery collar worn around the neck and shoulders as a mark of office.
- Cervical collar is a supporting device used by medicine in cases of trauma or weakness of the neck spine
- Collar (finance), a combination of an equal number of call and put options at slightly different exercise prices.
- Collars is also used metonymically (and usually in a derogatory manner) to refer to members of the clergy.
- Collars are a mechanical piece in a gearbox which engages the gears of the driveshaft onto the layshaft of the gearbox.
- Collars Limited (see F Collar) is a business established in 1932 manufacturing Oars, Masts and Spars.
- Collar can also mean to arrest or charge a perpetrator with a crime.