Canadian Yearly Meeting
is a body of the Religious Society of Friends
(Quakers), with approximately 1200 members in Canada
and border areas of the United States
. Its offices are located in Ottawa
. It was formed in 1955 by the amalgamation of three groups from different branches of Quakerism: Genesee Yearly Meeting (Friends General Conference)
, Canada Yearly Meeting (Five Years Meeting)
and Canada Yearly Meeting (Conservative)
Canadian Yearly Meeting (CYM) consists of 23 Monthly Meetings (MMs), in 5 regional groupings:
- Western Half Yearly Meeting: Prairie MM, Calgary MM, Edmonton MM, Argenta MM, Vernon MM, Vancouver MM, Vancover Island MM, Saanich Peninsula MM.
- Pelham Half Yearly Meeting: Kitchener Area MM, Coldstream MM, Yarmouth MM, Pelham Executive Meeting.
- Yonge St. Half Yearly Meting: Toronto MM, Hamilton MM, Yonge St. MM, Simcoe-Muskoka MM.
- St. Lawrence Regional Gathering: Ottawa MM, Wooler MM, Thousand Islands MM, Montreal MM.
- Atlantic Friends Gathering: New Brunswick MM, Annapolis Valley MM, Halifax MM.
The annual Yearly Meeting Sessions are held in the summer, rotating between sites in western, central and eastern Canada. CYM carries out work through various committees, including the Canadian Friends Service Committee.