Danger Girl is an American comic book series created by J. Scott Campbell and Andy Hartnell. The comic features a group of busty, scantily-clad secret agents led by a mentor named Deuce. The comic is a spoof of James Bond-style spy/action stories, with the Danger Girls being a send-up of the Bond girls. Unlike the Bond girls, however, the Danger Girls are the stars of the series.
Danger Girl Freelance Operations Limited
- Abbey Chase
- HEIGHT: 5 feet, 4 inches
- WEIGHT: 115 pounds
- EYES: Green
- HAIR: Golden Sienna
- SPECIALTIES: Archaeology/Mystic Studies, Foreign Languages, Small Arms
- BIRTHPLACE: Denver, Colorado (United States)
Abbey Chase is known as a champion marksman, a virtuoso of languages, a scholar of world history, and (most widely) a heart-stopping femme fatale.
Though spending the majority of her young life as a loner, Abbey is both a team player and a natural leader. After bumping into the Danger Girls during one of her adventure-filled treasure hunts, Abbey shepherded the ladies to victory in their first battle against the menacing Hammer Empire. Soon after, Abbey became a full-fledged member of this international covert-operations unit. She replaced Natalia Kassle as DG's field-commander.
- Sydney Savage
- HEIGHT: 5 feet, 9 inches (add 2 inches in heels)
- WEIGHT: 149 pounds
- EYES: Blue
- HAIR: Auburn
- SPECIALTIES: Surveillance/Sniper, Helicopter Pilot
- BIRTHPLACE: Sydney (where else?), Australia
Sydney Savage is a striking, sassy and vivacious Danger Girl. She originates, fittingly, from the picturesque and lively continent of Australia.
- QUALIFIED EXPERT: MK-23 pistol/silencer; all NATO/Warsaw Pact medium machine gun/silencers; all NATO/Warsaw Pact sniper rifles; bullwhip; custom dartgun.
Though often reprimanded for her wild and unorthodox procedures, Sydney more often than not justifies her lawless techniques. More than any of the other Danger Girls, Sydney takes frequent advantage of her good looks…deploying her curvaceous form to distract and defeat the ladies’ primarily-male nemeses. Sydney seems to have a love/hate relationship with Johnny Barracuda (who often makes sexualized passes at her which she either coyly accepts or acidicly rebuffs) and also has a crush on Batman/Bruce Wayne in the Batman/DG crossover.
- JC (full name unknown)
- HEIGHT: 5 feet, 10 inches
- WEIGHT: 150 pounds
- EYES: Green
- HAIR: Chestnut
- SPECIALTIES: Engineering/Inventor, Explosives
- BIRTHPLACE: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Though JC has yet to become an official Danger Girl agent, she’s already proven herself quite a valuable asset to the team. JC was brought on board by Deuce after the Danger Girls’ first battle with the Hammer Empire, a fight that left most of DG’s specialized equipment and vehicles in ruin. In the midst of JC’s numerous repairs and improvements, the Hammer struck again. This time Deuce was without a third operative, and JC filled that role.
Deuce (real name unknown)
- HEIGHT: 6 feet, 1 inch
- WEIGHT: 209 pounds
- EYES: Brown
- HAIR: Salt-and-Pepper
- SPECIALTIES: Mission Strategist, Espionage
- BIRTHPLACE: London, England (United Kingdom)
This former British Secret Service Agent (read: spy) was lured away from retirement when invited by the United Nations to fashion and oversee the world’s first all-female espionage network…an organization that would secretly adopt the code name “Danger Girl.”
- Silicon Valerie (real last name unknown)
This teenager graduated top of her class at Oxford, years before she could even obtain a valid driver’s license.
Though Valerie could have easily secured a safe and wealthy career in the field of communications technology, her love of danger led to a chance encounter with Deuce…who welcomed her into his employ as a Danger Girl-in-training. Valerie monitors the Danger Girls' status during their missions, but she secretly desires to go on such a mission herself.
- Johnny Barracuda (stats and real name unknown) - A handsome CIA agent with a large ego and a sex drive to match. He collaborates with the Danger Girls on various missions; they seem to enjoy taking sexual potshots at each other. Has a love/hate relationship with Sydney Savage.
- Secret Agent Zero (stats and real name unknown) - A spy from an unnamed organization, besides being the only Hammer agent who's ever defected AND lived to tell about it. No one knows what he looks like, but he appears to have a connection with Abbey Chase. He could possibly be her missing-and-presumed-dead father; he does keep a photo of Abbey, taken during her childhood, with him.
Hammer Empire ("The Fourth Reich")
- Natalia Kassle
- HEIGHT: 6 feet
- WEIGHT: 175 pounds
- EYES: Ice Blue
- HAIR: Blonde
- SPECIALTIES: Edged Weapons, Hand-to-Hand Combat, Counter Intelligence
- BIRTHPLACE: Moscow, Russia
This sultry Russian is the only Danger Girl who ever went bad. She was chosen to join the Danger Girl organization for her phenomenal combat and espionage talents, honed in the KGB, and also for her more-obvious outstanding attributes. Natalia was the team’s original field-commander; unfortunately, she also turned out to be a double agent, secretly working for the neo-Nazi Hammer Empire. She nearly led the Danger Girls to their deaths, but was ultimately exposed and defeated.
- QUALIFIED EXPERT: all NATO/Warsaw Pact bladed weapons (prefers concealable throwing-knives).
Currently a general in the Hammer Empire, Natalia continually attempts to take over the world…though her ultimate passion is to do away with arch-nemesis Abbey Chase, who has succeeded her as field-commander of the Danger Girls.
- Major Maxim (real name unknown)
- HEIGHT: 7 feet
- EYES: Red
- HAIR: Unknown
- SPECIALTIES: Rapid Assault Commander, Interrogation
- BIRTHPLACE: Unknown (reborn at the Hammer’s “Atlantis” island-headquarters)
Major Maxim is the monstrous mastermind behind the Hammer Empire’s apocalyptic military forces. Once but a wounded soldier of those very forces, Maxim became an unwilling volunteer to Doctor Kharnov Von Kripplor’s Übermensch (Super-Soldier) program. The first and only "success" of the strange procedure, Maxim soon became dependent on the mysterious blue Übermensch fluid that supplies and sustains his size and strength.
As the supposed leader of the Hammer Empire, Major Maxim wears Nazi-styled clothing and a mask with red goggle-eyes. He is very tall and boasts superhuman strength, bestowed by a blue liquid called "Serum X". If even the Hammer knows his true identity, they're not telling.
- Assassin X (stats and real name unknown) A skilled blind ninja working for the Hammer Empire. He appears to have a long history with Agent Zero.
- Kid Dynamo (stats and real name unknown unknown) A dwarf man who has a grudge against Johnny Barracuda. His weapon of choice is a pair of golden extendable arms. Later on he dresses himself as a miniature Adolf Hitler. His name is a pun on the "Kid Dyn-O-Mite" nickname for J. J. Evans (Jimmie Walker) from Good Times.
- Doctor Kharnov Von Kripplor (stats unknown) A mad scientist bent on making insane experiments for the Hammer, he is also the creator of Übermensch Serum X. Half of his face has been heavily stitched up; it seems to be either mutating, rotting or both.
- The Peach (stats and real name unknown) The Peach bears some resemblance to Danny DeVito, he wears a black coat.
- Donavin Conrad (stats unknown) Donavin is a cartoonish buffoon who lost his right eye to Abbey Chase. Despite appearing to be the stereotypical aristocratic villain, Conrad's image is largely an elaborate charade. He also wears a toupée.
This original series, illustrated and co-written by J. Scott Campbell
, follows the adventures of newcomer Abbey Chase as she joins the Danger Girls to face the evil neo-Axis group known as the Hammer. The plot include endless double crosses and fast-paced battles against spectacular villains such as the mysterious Major Maxim. [Preview, #1-7]
Danger Girl: Kamikaze
-style follow-up miniseries by Tommy Yune
has the team back together as they join a buxom Hong Kong operative hot on the trail of stolen nuclear weaponry. This time an eastern neo-Axis syndicate known as the Kama (Japanese word for "sickle") led by the Shogunner is gathering secret technology to complete a long-lost superweapon. [#1, 2]
Danger Girl Special
A one shot featuring the virtual adventures of Silicon Valerie by Art Adams
Danger Girl: Mod Bods
A painted one shot (included on the flip side of the Danger Girl special) featuring the artwork of Joe Chiodo
Danger Girl: Hawaiian Punch
The Danger Girl crew decide it's time for a change in scenery and some much deserved playful bikini
-clad recreation and relaxation on the beach
. They head to bask in the Hawaiian
sunshine, but they're soon drawn into a diabolical plot masterminded by an eccentric Hawaiian billionaire who has developed a cunning business plan that will make his new amusement park the most popular in the entire country. The girls find trouble in paradise in this one shot featuring the artwork of Phil Noto
Danger Girl: Viva Las Danger
Featuring Phil Noto art again, the girls are back in action as the Las Vegas Strip
becomes the target of a hostile takeover.
Batman / Danger Girl
The girls form an unlikely alliance with the dark knight as they go on assignment in Gotham City. Featuring the artwork of Leinil Francis Yu.
Danger Girl: Back in Black
Written by Andy Hartnell
featuring the artwork of Nick Bradshaw. The girls are on a chase of a powerful and ancient Native American artifact which was stolen. Features a new sexy ally named Ruby. [#1-4]
Danger Girl: Body Shots
Written by Andy Hartnell
featuring the artwork of Nick Bradshaw and Jim Charalampidis. [#1-4]
Danger Girl: 3-D Special
Taken from the original series, illustrated and co-written by J. Scott Campbell
the 1st 2 issues of the original series w/ some added artwork, all done in 3-D.
Appearances in other media
- A Danger Girl video game was released for Sony PlayStation.
- Four 7" Danger Girl figures were released by McFarlane Toys: Abbey Chase, Sydney Savage, Natalia Kassle, & Major Maxim. A fish tank special featuring the three Danger Girls was also released. Dragon Model Toys later released two of the three figures as 12" (1/6th Scale) figures. The two figures (in new outfits) were Abbey Chase & Sydney Savage.
- Abbey, Sydney, Natalia, and Major Maxim were made as figures in the Indy set of the HeroClix collectible miniatures game.