is an American math rock
band from Nevada City, CA
that formed in 1998
and specializes in doing covers of music from old Famicom
games. They have covered songs from numerous videogames, including Mega Man
As of 2008 they have released two albums on the record label 5RC
The band consists of Robby Moncrieff (guitar), Ben Milner (guitar), Carson McWhirter (bass) and Spencer Seim (drums) of Hella. Nick Rogers and Forrest Harding are the two original members that started the band, and Cassie Stewart was featured on bass for a while as well. Seim, who attended high school with Rogers and Harding, asked if he could play drums for them and was accepted. At the time the band was called Generic.
- as "Generic": Gay Nerd (date unknown) Self Released
- as "Generic": Rad Dude (date unknown) Self Released
- The Advantage (April 6, 2004) 5 Rue Christine Records
- 2004 West Coast Tour CD (February, 2004) Self Released
- 2004 US Tour CD (October, 2004) Self Released
- Elf Titled (January 24, 2006) 5 Rue Christine Records
- "Underwear: So Big!" 2006 Tour CD-R (August 2006) Self Released
- The Minibosses, game-music cover band, focusing mainly on NES tunes.
- The Black Mages, a metal band founded by Nobuo Uematsu to play Final Fantasy arrangements.
- The OneUps, another band which plays covers of video game music (although with a more jazz-inspired sound).
- The NESkimos, another band which plays covers of Nintendo music, but adds a very heavy style to it.
- MegaDriver, another band which plays covers of video game music, mostly of the Sega Genesis (or "Mega Drive" outside North America) but also plays Nintendo covers, with a heavy metal style.
- PRESS PLAY ON TAPE, another band which plays covers of video game music (Commodore 64 tunes as rock).
- The Megas, a band which covers Mega Man songs, adding lyrics to expand on the game's story.