This is a list of waterfalls of the world by continent.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Central African Republic
- Ulaan Tsutgalan Waterfall - 20 m drop. On a tributary of the Orkhon River.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Republic of Macedonia
- Kivach (second highest plain waterfall in Europe)
- Alexander Falls, Callaghan Valley, near Whistler, British Columbia
- Bow Glacier Falls - Banff National Park
- Brandywine Falls, near Whistler, British Columbia
- Bridal Veil Falls (aka Bridal Falls) near Rosedale, British Columbia
- Canim Falls, South Cariboo region, British Columbia
- Churchill Falls, Labrador 245 ft (75 m)
- Crown Lake Falls, Marble Canyon, British Columbia
- Della Falls - highest in Canada at 440 m (1,443 ft)
- Elk Falls, near Campbell River, British Columbia
- Emperor Falls - Mount Robson Provincial Park
- Englishman River Falls, near Nanaimo, British Columbia
- Helmcken Falls - Wells Gray Provincial Park - Canada's fourth highest with a vertical drop of 141 m
- Keyhole Falls, the largest waterfall along the Lillooet River in British Columbia.
- Horseshoe Falls, Ontario - part of Niagara Falls, with a 53 m (173 ft) drop
- Hunlen Falls, South Tweedsmuir Provincial Park, British Columbia
- Inglis Falls - Owen Sound, Ontario
- Kakabeka Falls - Thunder Bay, Ontario, 2nd largest in Ontario
- Little Qualicum Falls, near Qualicum Beach, British Columbia
- Mahood Falls, South Cariboo/Wells Gray-Clearwater region, British Columbia
- Montmorency Falls, Quebec - 83 m (272 ft)
- Nairn Falls, near Pemberton, British Columbia
- Pissing Mare Falls, Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland, with a drop of 350 m (1,148 ft)
- Shannon Falls, near Squamish, British Columbia
- Spahats Falls - Wells Gray Provincial Park
- Takakkaw Falls - Yoho National Park
- Tsusiat Falls, Pacific Rim National Park, near Clo-oose, British Columbia
- Twin Falls - Yoho National Park
- Virginia Falls - Nahanni River, NWT
- Wilberforce Falls - Hood River, NWT (highest waterfall north of the Arctic Circle)
- Helen Falls - Lady Evelyn River, Ontario (highest waterfall on the Lady Evelyn River)
- see: Hawaiian Islands
- Bridal Veil Falls (DuPont State Forest) - 37 m (120 ft) waterfall located in the DuPont State Forest in North Carolina.
- Bridal Veil Falls (Macon County) - 13.9 m (45 ft) drop directly next to U.S. Highway 64 in Macon County, NC.
- Cascade Falls (Falls Creek) - 15 m (50 ft) sliding cascade. Also called "The Cascades".
- Corbin Creek Falls - 183 m (600 ft) series of cascades
- Cullasaja Falls - 61 m (200 ft) falls in Macon County, NC
- Douglas Falls - 21.6 m (70 ft) plunging falls.
- Dry Falls - 20 m (65 ft) sheer drop over an overhanging bluff, allowing visitors to walk behind the falls
- Glassmine Falls - 271 m (800 ft) ephemeral sliding waterfall viewable from the Blue Ridge Parkway in Buncombe County, North Carolina
- Hickory Nut Falls - 124 m (404 ft) horsetail waterfall at Chimney Rock Park
- Hidden Falls - 3.7 m (12 ft) falls at Hanging Rock State Park
- High Falls (DuPont State Forest) - 38 m (125 ft) drop.
- High Shoals Falls - 24.3 m (80 ft), at South Mountains State Park
- Hooker Falls - 4 m (14 ft) drop, seen in Last of the Mohicans
- Linville Falls - 46 m (150 ft) drop over several steps, culminating in a large drop
- Looking Glass Falls - 18 m (60 ft) near Brevard in Transylvania County.
- Lower Cascades - 11 m (35 ft) cascades at Hanging Rock State Park
- McGalliard Falls - 12 m (40 ft) cascade in a city park in Valdese, North Carolina
- Mitchell Falls - 8 m (25 ft) slide in Yancey County
- Moore Cove Falls - 15 m (50 ft) drop
- Quarry Falls (Macon County) - 4.3 m (15 ft) cascade on the Cullasaja River
- Rainbow Falls (Horsepasture River) - 38 m (125 ft) cascade on the Horsepasture River.
- Rainbow Falls (Rutherford County) - 160 ft (49 m) waterfall
- Roaring Fork Falls - 13.9 m (45 ft) falls in the Pisgah National Forest - height disputed
- Setrock Creek Falls - 17 m (55 ft) in the Pisgah National Forest, height disputed
- Slick Rock Falls - 9 m (30 ft) plunge falls near Brevard in Transylvania County
- Sliding Rock - 18 m (60 ft) slide used as a natural water slide, located near Brevard in Transylvania County
- Tory's Falls - 30.5 m (100 ft)
- Triple Falls - 38 m (125 ft) drop in three steps.
- Turtleback Falls - 6.1 m (20 ft) slide and plunge on the Horsepasture River
- Upper Cascades - 8 m (25 ft) cascades at Hanging Rock State Park
- Upper Whitewater Falls - 126 m (411 ft) cascade
- Walker Falls - 13.9 m (45 ft) cascade next to Forest Road 74 in Buncombe County. The parking area for Douglas Falls is further down this road.
- Window Falls - 8.3 m (27 ft) falls at Hanging Rock State Park
- Crabtree Falls - 366 m (1,200 ft), this cascading waterfall features a drop of 122 m (400 ft); it is the tallest waterfall east of the Mississippi River and has the tallest single drop east of the Mississippi River
- Fall Creek Falls - 78 m (256 ft) sheer drop
New South Wales