(or /ˈʒɑndɑrm/) can mean:
- Gendarme (historical): a horseman, usually of noble birth, belonging to the cavalry of the French army in the late-Medieval to Early Modern periods of European history
- A member of a gendarmerie. The word is often incorrectly used in English to refer to any French policeman.
- A heavy cavalry unit in the computer game Medieval II: Total War.
- An isolated rock pinnacle in mountaineering
- A rock pinnacle of Seneca Rocks, West Virginia, which fell on October 22, 1987.
- A tool for checking .NET assemblies for common bugs and mistakes, part of the Mono development platform