is a township located in Powai
, a northern suburb of Mumbai
. The township is approachable by Adi Shankaracharya Marg (ADS Marg), a part of Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road (JVLR). The nearest Mumbai Suburban Railway
station is Kanjurmarg
Hiranandani Gardens is known for its upper-class gated communities. The township is dotted with skyscraper residential towers, many with very expensive apartments. Its skyline is immediately recognizable due to the heavy use of classic Greco-Roman architectural influences, especially at the topmost level. The residential towers often have a second underground parking level. Residents in one or more buildings form cooperative societies together to take care of issues related to utilities and aesthetics, resolve neighborly disputes and hold events on festivals or other occasions. Some communities have their own parks, children's play areas, sport courts, swimming pools or clubs within their perimeters.
Hiranandani Gardens also has its own paper which is published weekly called Planet Powai.
Of late, the pace of development in Hiranandani Gardens has been swift. A new commercial area by the name of Hiranandani Business Park has been setup there. It has become the home of several BPO setups. Call centers of ICICI and WIPRO and Zenta are a few examples of the same. As a result Hiranandani Gardens is now also been seen as a commercial hub. In addition to BPOs, Hiranandani Business Park houses IT, ITES and Corporate Offices of many other corporations. Spectra building is one of the landmark buildings here. It houses offices of Corporates like Prudential India, Wipro BPO, Lionbridge Technologies, Transocean, Lehman Brothers, Syntel Inc etc.
There are a total of 42 residential buildings in Hiranandani Gardens.
- Odyssey I
- Odyssey II
- Eden Bungalows
- Eden I
- Eden II
- Eden III
- Eden IV
- Lake Castle
- Blue Bell
- Glen Gate
- Glen Height
- Glen Classic
- Glen Croft
- Glen Dale
- Glen Ridge
- Golden Oak
- Silver Oak
- Powai Park
There are a total of 23 commercial buildings in Hiranandani Gardens.
- Gateway Plaza
- Powai Plaza
- Galleria Shopping Centre
- Haiko Mall
- Colgate Palmolive
- Bayer House
- J.M. House
- B.G. House
- Transocean House
Public Transportation in Hiranandani Gardens
- Bus No. 392 which runs from Ghatkopar to Andheri serves this complex. Other buses can be obtained from just outside the complex.
- The nearest railway stations on the central railway line are Kanjurmarg and Vikhroli.
- Taxis including Cool Cabs
Facilities at Hiranandani Gardens
- Hiranandani Foundation School Powai
- Dr. L.H. Hiranandani Hospital
- Kaya Skin Clinic
- 3 Clubhouses with a gymnasium, swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, massage facilities, tennis, badminton and squash courts
- Galleria Shopping Mall.
- Hakone Entertainment Centre with LAN Gamming, Arcade Games, Pool Tables, Billiards, Bowling (Now Closed), Mini Golf, Bumper Cars, Go Karting and Rock Climbing
- Culture Shop, a Lifestyle store.
- Crossword Book Store
- Planet M Music Store
- Nirvana Park
- Joggers Park
- Play schools like Justkidding, Kidzee and Eurokids are located in the township
Banking services at Hiranandani Gardens
- ICICI Bank
- HSBC Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Karnataka Bank
- SBI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- UTI Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Citibank(atm only)
Hospitality & Food Services at Hiranandani Gardens
- Rodas, an Ecotel Hotel with multi-cuisine restaurants.
- Saffron Spice Indian Cuisine
- Yokos Sizzlers
- Mocha, coffee house
- Cafe Coffee Day, coffee house
- Dominos Pizza
- The Pizzeria
- Papa John's Pizza
- Smoking Joes Pizza
- Pizza Hut
- KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken)
- Daffodils - India food.. Chicken, Beef, Pork etc
- Garys Menu - Chinese and mughlai restaurant
- Great Punjab - mughlai restaurant
- Kabab Hut - Kababs and mughali restaurant
- Mohini - Indian Fast Food Restaurant
- Navjivan - indian,moghlai,chinese restaurant
- Masala Magic - Indian Fast Food Restaurant
- Shaolin Chinese Restaurant
- Baskin Robbins Ice Cream
- Naturals Ice Cream
- Monginis cake shop
- Janta Bakery
- Kareems - Kababs and mughlai restaurant
- Jas - Chinese & Thai Restaurant
Though the region has advanced economically with the building of Hiranandani Gardens, the peace and quiet this Mumbai neighbourhood once enjoyed, is increasingly becoming a rarity. Hiranandani Builders are expanding development with new buildings.
The quality of life in the complex is also deteriorating drastically because of the construction of several new residential and commercial buildings. Traffic jams have become the order of the day.