From Nurse To Worse is the 49th short subject starring American slapstick comedy team the Three Stooges. The trio made a total of 190 shorts for Columbia Pictures between 1934 and 1959.
The boys are painters who run into their old friend Jerry, an insurance salesman (Lynton Brent
). He promises them that if they take out a policy on Curly proving that he has gone insane
, they can collect $500 a month. Moe and Larry bring Curly on a leash to the office of Dr. D. Lerious (Vernon Dent
). Curly's pretending to be a hound is so over the top that the doctor declares he must operate. The Stooges flee, and hide out in the back of a dog catcher's truck and are soon infested with fleas
. Dr. Lerious eventually catches up with the Stooges, and Curly is sent straight for the operating room. Eventually, the trio get away on a gurney
, bump into their pal Jerry, and give him the works.
- Curly (protesting): "This is my favorite dollar. I raised it from a cent!"
The footage of the Stooges sailing through the city streets was lifted from Dizzy Doctors
- Moe Howard and the Three Stooges; by Moe Howard , (Citadel Press, 1977).
- The Complete Three Stooges: The Official Filmography and Three Stooges Companion; by Jon Solomon , (Comedy III Productions, Inc., 2002).
- The Three Stooges Scrapbook; by Jeff Lenburg, Joan Howard Maurer, Greg Lenburg (Citadel Press, 1994).
- The Three Stooges: An Illustrated History, From Amalgamated Morons to American Icons; by Michael Fleming (Broadway Publishing, 2002).
- One Fine Stooge: A Frizzy Life in Pictures; by Steve Cox and Jim Terry , (Cumberland House Publishing, 2006).