Buhl Farm Golf Course
, located in Sharon, Pennsylvania
, is the only free public golf course in the United States
. The 9-hole course is open from mid-April to November between 8 a.m. to 9.p.m. The course is known for its flat greens, high roughs where you will not be able to find your ball, and the fairways that can qualify as roughs at any other course. The course is also known for its one artificial turf tee box, and eight other dirt tee boxes where you will not be able to stick your tee in the ground. The free course is called Dum Dum by the locals.
Golf Course Details
- The course is 2,378 yards long and a par of 34.
- The opening and closing holes are par 3s.
- The longest of the seven par 4s is 352 yards.
- Over 30,000 free rounds of golf are played each and every year.
Golf Course Rules
- Each golfer must have a bag, a minimum four clubs, and a putter.
- No children under seven are permitted on the course.
- Children seven to eleven who have completed a formal golf instruction may play accompanied by an adult.
- Shirts are required and no "short" shorts are permitted.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- You may only play in a group with four members or less.
- Buhl Farm Park