United Methodist Free Churches
was an English nonconformist
community which merged into the United Methodist Church
in 1907. The organization was itself formed in 1857 by the amalgamation of the Wesleyan Association
(which had in 1836 largely absorbed the Protestant Methodists
of 1828) and the Wesleyan Reformers
(dating from 1849, when a number of Wesleyan Methodist ministers were expelled on a charge of insubordination).