can refer to:
- Tabuaeran, also known as Fanning Atoll or Fanning Island, one of the Line Islands of the central Pacific Ocean.
- Fanning (firearms), a revolver shooting technique in which one hand holds the revolver and the other hits the revolver hammer repeatedly for an increased rate of fire.
- Fanning friction factor, a dimensionless number used in fluid flow calculations.
- Fan Dancing, a dance art form with now takes both classic and more modern forms.
- Flagging Dancing, or flag dancing -- which includes the modern forms of Fan Dancing, Fanning, or Fan Spinning.
Among specific people:
- Dakota Fanning (b.1994), an American child actress.
- Elle Fanning (b. 1998), an American child actress and younger sister of Dakota.
- Edmund Fanning (1769-1841), an American explorer.
- Edmund Fanning (colonial administrator) (1739-1818), an American-born administrator for the British government in New York and Loyalist; later a governor in Canada.
- Juan Fanning (1824-1881), a Peruvian naval officer and war hero.
- Nathaniel Fanning (1755-1804), an American naval officer and war hero.
- Shawn Fanning (b. 1980), a computer programmer and creator of the original Napster application.
- Bernard Fanning (b. 1969), an Australian musician, best known for his role as the lead singer of the Australian rock band Powderfinger.
- Dave Fanning, an Irish television and radio personality.