"Falling to Pieces
" is the third single off of Faith No More
's first studio album with Mike Patton
on vocals, The Real Thing
. The bass driven song spawned a video in which lead singer Mike Patton portrays a series of odd characters, including one dressed like Alex from the Stanley Kubrick
film A Clockwork Orange
. The video is also notable for using a different recording of the song featuring more prominent background vocals.
It is also one of their best known hits, peaking at # 36 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #28 on the Mainstream Rock charts. Despite its success, the band stopped performing the song in their concert tours because it is one of their least favorites.
- "Falling to Pieces" (Remix) – 4:19
- "Falling to Pieces" (Video Version) – 4:32
- "Falling to Pieces" (Album Version) – 5:12Disc One
- "Falling to Pieces"
- "We Care a Lot" (Live at Brixton)
- "Underwater Love" (Live at Brixton)
- "From out of Nowhere" (Live at Brixton) Disc Two
- "Falling to Pieces (Re-Mix)"
- "Zombie Eaters"
- "The Real Thing" (‡ Live)
‡Live at the Wireless July 30, 1990 also features ad-lib from Public Enemy's "911 is a Joke"