The Estufa is a historic structure on the University of New Mexico campus in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It was built between 1906 and 1908 as a meeting room for the local social fraternity Alpha Alpha Alpha, which in 1915 became the Beta Delta chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha. The project received support from university president William G. Tight, who was seeking to establish Pueblo architecture as a campus-wide style. The Estufa was one of the first buildings in the country to employ the Pueblo Style.
The building was loosely modeled after a kiva at Santo Domingo Pueblo. It is roughly circular, with adobe walls 14 inches (36 cm) thick. The interior of the Estufa has been described as a pit with seating around the edge.
The Estufa continues to serve in its original role as a fraternity meeting place, with the Pi Kappa Alphas holding their weekly chapter meetings there. The building is veiled in secrecy: non-members are not allowed inside, and according to legend no woman has ever seen its interior. There have been many reports of items mysteriously disappearing into the Estufa.
The Estufa was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
An estufa [Sp., a stove, a warm room. Cf. Stove] is an assembly room in a dwelling of the Pueblo Indians [ie, a kiva], per Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, 1998.