Duck End Mill was built in the mid eighteenth century, dates of 1756, 1760 1773 and 1777 being recorded in the mill. It was originall built as an open trestle mill, the roundhouse being added in 1840. The mill was insured for £50 in 1790 and £100 in 1794. The mill was working until c1890, and had an all wood windshaft to the last. This was replaced by the cast iron one from Gainsford End Mill, Toppesfield in the 1950s. A replacement wooden windshaft has since been fitted.
References for above:-
The mill is open to the public on the one Sunday of each month in the summer.