, the Enterprise Computing Association
, is a computer user group for business customers of Hewlett-Packard
. Encompass's history begins with DECUS
, founded in 1961, for customers of the Digital Equipment Corporation
, which was acquired in 1998 by Compaq U.S.
Chapter incorporated as the user group Encompass U.S.
Hewlett-Packard acquired Compaq in 2002. Encompass continues as an HP user group, aimed at business customers of all of HP's hardware, software, and services.
The Encompass mission is to promote technical information exchange among its members and between the members and Hewlett-Packard.
Encompass partnered with first Compaq and then Hewlett-Packard on national technical conferences (in the U.S.):
- CETS 2001 (Compaq Enterprise Technical Symposium): September 10-14, 2001, Anaheim, California
- HP-ETS 2002 (HP Enterprise Technical Symposium): October 7-11, St. Louis, Missouri
- HP World 2003: August 11-15, 2003, Atlanta, Georgia, in partnership with Interex as well as HP
- HP World 2004: August 16-20, 2004, Chicago, Illinois, in partnership with Interex and HP
- HP Technology Forum 2005: October 17-20, 2005, Orlando, Florida, in partnership with the user group OpenView Forum International as well as HP
- HP Technology Forum 2006: September 17-21, 2006, Houston, Texas, in partnership with HP, ITUG, and OpenView Forum International
- HP Technology Forum & Expo 2007: June 17-21, 2007, Las Vegas, Nevada, in partnership with HP and ITUG
Encompass also has a number of Local User Groups (LUGs) throughout the U.S., and Special Interest Groups (SIGs) on various topics.
Encompass also runs webcasts, local seminars, and other programs.
Encompass manages the pre-conference seminar program and trade show at the HP Technology Forum & Expo.
Non-U.S. Encompass organizations include: