Embedded or embedding may refer to:
- Embedding, one instance of some mathematical object contained within another instance
- Embedded system, a special-purpose system in which the computer is completely encapsulated by the device it controls
- In computers, embedding media into a text document, forming a compound document
- Embedded journalist), by Tim Robbins about embedded journalists covering military conflict in the US-Iraq war
- Embedded (album), a 2004 album by Mark Seymour
- Distributed generation, also known as embedded generation or decentralised generation
- Center embedding, a linguistic term for a recursive nesting of an element in the middle of a similar element
- A subordinate clause is sometimes referred to as an embedded clause.
- In building construction, may refer to a means of providing support or reinforcement, such as structural steel items embedded in a concrete pour.