The term beater
has several meanings.
- For the implements used in playing some percussion instruments, see drum stick.
- For the position in the game of Quidditch described in the Harry Potter series of novels, see Quidditch.
- Another name for Glamdring, Gandalf's sword in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit
- Beater (weaving), a tool used to force woven yarn into place
- A beater is also a machine used to pulverize wood pulp in the paper-making process.
- In hunting, a beater is a man who beats for game.
- A beater is one of the rapidly rotating attachments on a mixer as used in cooking. In this context, it is sometimes referred to as an egg beater.
- Beater may refer to a vehicle that is in very poor condition, or that has been modified in a crude or ugly fashion.
- Beater can be a contraction of "wife beater", a colloquialism for a sleeveless shirt.
- A beater is a young harp or grey seal in the age between approximately 3-4 weeks and one year