Dust of Angels
: 少年吔，安啦！; POJ
: Siàu-liān-ê Àn-la!
) is the soundtrack
to the Taiwanese motion picture
of the same name directed by Hsu Hsiao-ming
(徐小明). It features ten Taiwanese
-language and instrumental rock
and ambient music
songs by performers considered to be alternative or avant-garde
in the Taiwanese music scene at the time. Some of the contributors to the album united in the mid-2000s for the series of Taike
Rock Concerts (台客搖滾演唱會).
Popular singer Lim Giong's "A Soundless Place" (無聲的所在) performed with Hou Hsiao-hsien (the movie's producer) was became a popular Taiwanese staple. Rock singer-songwriter Wu Bai who achieved immense popularity in East Asia the late 1990s and 2000s, contributed two songs including the title track under his given name of Wu Chun-lin. These songs represented Wu Bai's first major commercial music release and featured two of the three members of his band, China Blue. Fellow Taike performers BABOO contributed three songs and had backing roles on several of the others on the album. Chinese jazz saxophonist Liu Yuan also performed one of the album's songs.
- "A Soundless Place (無聲的所在 Bô-siaⁿ ê só·-chāi) by Lim Giong & Hou Hsiao-Hsien (林強&侯孝賢)
- "Lighting a Cigarette" (點煙 Tiám ian) by Wu Chun-lin (吳俊霖)
- "You're the Meanest" (你真正上厲害 Lí chin chiàⁿ siong lī-hāi) by Lim Giong (林強)
- "Cool It, Boy" (少年安 Siàu-liān an) by BABOO
- "Dreaming Peach Flowers" (Instrumental) (夢桃花 Bāng thô-hoe) by Liu Yuan (劉元)
- "Dust of Angels" (少年也，安啦！Siàu-liān-ê àn-la) by Wu Chun-lin (吳俊霖)
- "All the Lamp-posts" (電火柱仔 Tiān-hé thiāu-á) by BABOO
- "Come Get Money, Everybody" (赶緊來賺錢 Koáⁿ-kín lâi thàn-chîⁿ) by Lim Giong (林強)
- "Instrumental" (演奏曲 Ián-chàu khek) by BABOO
- "The One in My Dream" (夢中人 Bāng-tiong lâng) by Hou Hsiao-Hsien (侯孝賢)