Dread may refer to:
- Extreme fear
- Angst, a profound and deep-seated spiritual condition of insecurity and despair in the free human being in Existentialist thought
- A short story in horror author Clive Barker's Books of Blood collection, or the comic-book or stage adaptation of same
- Dreadlocks, a hairstyle
- Dread, an ENnie-award winning horror role-playing game, published by The Impossible Dream, which utilizes a Jenga tower as its main game mechanic.
- Dread: The First Book of Pandemonium, a different independently published modern-horror role-playing game
- DREAD: Risk assessment model, a model for assessing computer security risks; acronym for Damage potential, Reproducibility, Exploitability, Affected users, and Discoverability