College Notre-Dame de Jamhour
is an education institution set in Jamhour (eastern suburb of Beirut
). Its campus is set in a pine forest, and includes Petit College, Grand college, a recently built sports complex and a church.
It follows both French and Lebanese baccalaureate programs, offering specializations in Math (Sciences generales), biology (Sciences de la vie), Economics and social sciences (SES) as well as humanities (H). Jamhour student's usually perform well in official exams, and it is seen as one of the best schools in Lebanon, according to popular beliefs. Jamhour, which is a jesuit school, welcomes students from from "douzieme" (equivalent of first grade) to "Terminale" (equivalent of 12th grade). It is affiliated with College Saint-Gregoire, in Achrafieh, Beirut.
- Amine Gemayel, Former President of the Lebanese Republic
- Charles Helou, Former President of the Lebanese Republic
- Bachir Gemayel, Former President of the Lebanese Republic
- Michel Edde, Former Lebanese minister and President of the Alumni Association
- Carlos Ghosn, CEO of Nissan-Renault
- Henri Sader, Politician
- Riad Salame, President of Lebanon's central bank
- Karim Pakradouni, Former head of the Lebanese Phalanges and former minister
- Nassib Lahoud, Former Deputy in the Lebanese Parlement
- Pierre le Quiller, Deputy in the French Assemblee Nationale