The National Capital Planning and Development Committee
(NCPDC) was a body of the Australian government
formed in 1938 to oversee the development of Canberra
. The NCPDC was to advise the Minister of the Interior to safeguard the Griffin plan and maintain high aesthetic and architectural standards worthy of a National Capital. The Committee had no executive power, and was unable to direct development of the Capital.
Dissatisfied with progress, the government established a Senate Select Committee in 1954 to inquire into Canberra's development. In 1958 it was replaced by the well funded and authoritative National Capital Development Commission.
Predecessors and successors of the NCPDC: