is a Spanish
adjective used to describe an outlaw who is determined to do anything. It is also an archaism
meaning 'desperate' (desesperado
in modern Spanish). A desperado cannot wait for something to happen and sometimes may resort to violent or reckless actions. A frontier desperado in the 19th Century was normally a drunkard in the West. Afterwards in the 20th Century the word was used to describe a daring outlaw.
- Desperado (song), a 1973 song by the Eagles.
- Desperado (album), an album by the Eagles which also features the song "Desperado" (song)
- "Desperados Waiting for a Train", a song written by Guy Clark
- Desperado (heavy metal group), a heavy metal band formed by Dee Snider
- Desperado (film), a 1995 film that starred Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek and was directed by Robert Rodriguez.
- Desperado (TV series), a 1987 NBC television movie series that starred actor Alex McArthur
- Desperado (roller coaster), a rollercoaster that stands at Buffalo Bill's casino in Primm, Nevada, once the tallest, fastest and steepest hypercoaster in the world
- "Desperado" (Alice Cooper song), a song by Alice Cooper, appearing on the album Killer
- Desperadoes, a comic book series
- Desperado (chess), a chess piece that seems determined to give itself up
- Dallas Desperados, a franchise in the Arena Football League
- Desperado (country-rock group), a Romania-based country-rock band
- Desperado (video game), a computer video game by Topo Soft
- Desperado, An alcoholic drink