Petra Praise: The Rock Cries Out is the eleventh release of the Christian rock band, Petra and their first praise album. It was released in October 3, 1989.
The music is mostly a collection of traditional praise songs with a rock style. However, there are two original songs, both written by band founder Bob Hartman.
Commercially it is the second most successful album of the band, after Beyond Belief. It was certified Gold in January 23, 1998.
- "I Love the Lord" (Words by Bob Hartman) – 3:35
- "King of Kings" (Words & Music by Saphie Conty and Naomi Batya) – 1:47
- "Jesus, Jesus, Glorious One" (Words & Music by Curtis Peifer) – 2:18
- "The Battle Belongs to the Lord" (Words & Music by Jamie Owens-Collins) – 3:04
- "Take Me In" (Words & Music by Dave Browning) – 4:11
- "Salvation Belongs to Our God" (Words & Music by Adrian Turner and Pat Howard) – 2:56
- "The King of Glory Shall Come In" (Words & Music by Hartman) – 3:10
- "No Weapon Formed Against Us" (Unknown Author) – 1:44
- "I Will Celebrate/When the Spirit of the Lord" (Words & Music by Linda Duvall) – 4:15
- "I Will Sing Praise" (Words & Music by Jacque DeShetler) – 2:45
- "Hallowed Be Thy Name" (Words & Music by Bill Ancira) – 4:12
- "Friends (All in the Family of God)" (Words & Music by John Wierick) – 4:20
- "I Will Call Upon the Lord" (Words & Music by Michael O'Shields) – 3:48
- "We Exalt Thee" (Words & Music by Pete Sanchez) – 3:46
- Won Dove Award for Recorded Music Packaging in 1990.
- Walt Harrah - Background vocals
- Rick Riso - Background vocals
- Cathy Riso - Background vocals
- Charlie Hoage - Background vocals
- Sara Tennison - Background vocals
- John Elefante - Background vocals
- Greg Vail - Saxophone ("Friends (All In The Family Of God)")
- Recorded at The Pond, Franklin, Tennessee by Howard Levy and Gary Heddon; Recording Arts, Nashville, Tennessee by Dino Elefante and Carl Tatz; Pakaderm Studio, Los Alamitos, California by Dino Elefante, Mike Miereau and John Elefante with assistance by Jeff Simmons; "live" at Trunks Arena
- Mixed at Pakaderm Studio, Los Alamitos, California, except "Take Me In" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name" mixed by Bret Teegarden and Tommy Greer at Duckworth Studio, Nashville, Tennessee
- Mastered at Future Disc, Los Angeles, California