The Crested Myna (Acridotheres cristatellus) is a kind of bird native to southeastern China and Indochina.
Around 1890, the Crested Myna was introduced into the Vancouver region of British Columbia. It was initially successful, reaching a population in the thousands, without spreading far from the Lower Mainland. By the mid-twentieth century, numbers began declining, and the bird is now extremely rare in North America.
- Database entry includes justification for why this species is of least concern
- Johnson, S. R., and R. W. Campbell. 1995. Crested Myna (Acridotheres cristatellus). In The Birds of North America, No. 157 (A. Poole and F. Gill, eds.). The Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia, PA, and The American Ornithologists’ Union, Washington, D.C.
- Tunhikorn S. Ph.D. (1989). Resource partitioning of four sympatric mynas and starlings (Sturnidae) in Thailand. Oregon State University, United States -- Oregon.
- Banks RC, Cicero C, Dunn JL, Kratter AW, Rasmussen PC, Remsen JV, Jr., Rising JD & Stotz DF. (2005). Forty-sixth supplement to the American ornithologists' union check-list of North American Birds. Auk. vol 122, no 3. p. 1026-1031.
- Gregory-Smith R. (1997). Pale-bellied Myna Acridotheres cinereus in Sarawak. Malayan Nature Journal. vol 50, no 4. p. 355-356.
- Hsieh YC, Chen SH, Wang CW, Lee YF, Chung WC, Tsai MC, Chang TC, Lien YY & Tsai SS. (2005). Unusual pox lesions found in Chinese jungle mynahs (Acridotheres cristatellus). Avian Pathology. vol 34, no 5. p. 415-417.
- Johnson SR & Campbell RW. (1995). Crested Myna Acridotheres cristatellus. Birds of North America. vol 0, no 157. p. 1-12.
- Montalti D & Kopij G. (2001). Bird community of inner La Plata City, Argentina. Acta Ornithologica. vol 36, no 2. p. 161-164.
- Navas JR. (2002). Introduced and naturalized exotic birds in Argentina. Revista del Museo Argentino de Ciencias Naturales Nueva Serie. vol 4, no 2. p. 191-202.
- Nguyenclausen A. (1975). PREENING BEHAVIOR OF GROUP OF MYNA BIRDS, ACRIDOTHERES-CRISTATELLUS(GM). Behaviour. vol 53, p. 91-108.
- Pranty B. (2001). The use of Christmas Bird Count data to monitor populations of exotic birds. American Birds. vol 102, p. 24-28.
- Schmidt RE. (1983). Hyper Mature Cataract in a Crested Myna Leucopsar-Rothschildi. Journal of Wildlife Diseases. vol 19, no 2. p. 158-159.
- Tang Z-Z & Tang C-T. (1993). Studies on the life cycle of Brachylaima mesostoma (Rud., 1803) Baer, 1933 (Trematoda: Brachylaimidae). Acta Zoologica Sinica. vol 39, no 1. p. 13-18.
- Wang Y-P, Chen S-h & Ding P. (2003). Breeding birds and their nests in street tree strips in Hangzhou city. Zoological Research. p. 2003.