Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women is a prison in Bedford Hills, Westchester County, New York, USA. It is the largest women's prison in New York State and has hosted many infamous prisoners. It is the only women's maximum security prison in New York State. The prison previously opened under the name Westfield State Farm in 1901.
Bedford Hills is one of several New York facilities exclusively for women, the others being Albion Correctional Facility, Bayview Correctional Facility, Beacon Correctional Facility, and Taconic Correctional Facility.
- Pamela Smart, Former media services consultant was found guilty in March 1991 for conspiring with her underage lover, William Flynn, and his three friends to kill her 24-year-old husband, Gregg Smart, in Derry, New Hampshire. She was transferred to Bedford Hills from the New Hampshire State Prison for Women in in March 1993 unexpectedly and unnotified because the state was getting sick of the publicity. Her case grew National attention in the 1990s. She was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility for parole.
- Carolyn Warmus, Former Greenville Elementary School teacher convicted for the murder of Paul Solomon's wife Betty Jean to get closer with him. Carolyn and Paul both worked at Greenville as school teachers and Carolyn frequently visited the Solomon house and became a role model to Paul's daughter Kristan. Her first trial was a mistrial and after Paul Solomon found a cashmere glove covered with blood, it was a new piece of evidence linking her to the murder and Carolyn was found guilty at her second trial. She faced the minimum of 15 years, but Judge Carey sentenced her to the maximum of 25 years to life in prison.
- Amy Fisher, Famously known as "The Long Island Lolita" by the press, convicted of the 1992 shooting of the wife of her lover Joey Buttafuoco, with whom she began an affair as a 16 year-old student. She had served 7 years in prison and was released from prison in 1999. Since her release she has became a writer.
- Sheila Davalloo, Pleasantville, New York wife guilty of attempted murder for stabbing her husband, Paul Christos three times as he was blindfolded and handcuffed during a kinky game in their condominium to remain with her lover Nelson Sessler and have him for herself. She faced a minimum of five years in prison but was sentenced the maximum of 25 years in prison on all charges. In November 2007 she was also charged with the murder of Annna Lisa Raymundo in Stamford, Connecticut whom Sessler was seeing and ended his relationship with Davalloo.
- Jean Harris, Made national news in 1980 as the defendant in a high-profile murder case of her ex-lover Dr. Herman Tarnower, the well-known cardiologist and author of the best-selling book The Scarsdale Diet. She had served less than 12 years in prison.
- Kathy Boudin, Convicted in 1984 for her involvement in a robbery that resulted in the killing of three people, and who became a public health expert while in prison. She was sentenced to life in prison and was released on September 17, 2003. After her parole she accepted a job in the H.I.V./AIDS Clinic at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
- Sante Kimes, Infamous for the murder of 82-year old New York City socialite Irene Silverman. She also was convicted of killing David Kazdin in early 1998, a business associate of her husband and a family friend of the Kimes family, in California. She was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Irene Silverman and was sentenced to another life sentence for the murder of David Kazdin. She and her son Kenny Kimes drew prison sentences of more than 100 years each than what they were already serving.
- Marybeth Tinning, Serving 20 years to life in prison for the murder of several of her children she gave birth to. She was denied parole in March 2007 after serving 20 years in prison.
- Remy Ma, Famous rapper currently serving eight years for allegedly shooting her best friend Makeeda Barnes-Joseph in the abdomen over a missing sum of $3,000.