is a reddish brown color
that resembles the actual metal copper
At right is displayed the color copper.
At right is displayed the color pale copper. This is the color that is called copper in Crayola crayons. This color was formulated by Crayola in 1958.
Copper in nature
Shades of copper color comparison chart
- Pale Copper (Crayola Copper) (Hex: #DA8A67) (RGB: 218, 138, 103)
- Copper (Hex: #B87333) (RGB: 184, 115, 51)
Copper in human culture
- Amerindians are often referred to as being copper colored or copper-skinned.
- Copper kitchenware is popular, mostly because it is convenient because it heats up faster, but some like to collect it just because they like the color.
- The 7th wedding anniversary is called the Copper Anniversary and one is expected to give gifts made of copper to a couple celebrating that anniversary. By extension, the 7th anniversary of any important event can be called the copper jubilee, although this term is seldom used.
- The Copper Age or Chalcolithic (Greek khalkos + lithos 'copper stone') period (also known as the Eneolithic (Aeneolithic)), is a phase in the development of human culture in which the use of early metal tools appeared alongside the use of stone tools.
Role playing games