* Open Source and part of the SUSE distribution (Also available on Windows).
* Credential service for Enabling applications to single sign-On.
* Leverages the Desktop identity and login for access control.
* Scalable and fault tolerant.
* Cross-platform support (Linux, and Windows).
* Supports managing multiple identity repositories (GKring, KWallet, FireFox Password Manager).
* Provides a storage (vault) for credentials and secrets.
* Supports multiple authentication schemes.
* Forward compatible.
* Network Authentication component is token based.
* Provides the ability for a single point of management for multiple credential stores.
* Supports session based or presistant storage for credentials.
* Supports sharing of credentials.
* Supports linking of credentials among different stores.
CASA is Not
* A Network or desktop login infrastructure.
* Mechanisms/APIs for changing and setting passwords in applications.
* Application login policy enforcer
Novell ships the Common Authentication Service Adapter (CASA) PAM module with its Linux desktop and server products. In a default installation, the CASA PAM module is configured for use with the XDM, GDM, login, and SSH services.