Let It Come Down
is James Iha
's first and currently only solo album. It was released in 1998, during which Iha was still with The Smashing Pumpkins
, before the release of Adore
. Iha took on a more acoustic country-ish sound reminiscent of the songs he contributed to the Pumpkins, notably shying away from the darker sound of Billy Corgan
"Be Strong Now" was released as a single featuring the bonus tracks "Falling", "My Advice" and "Take Care".
The font used on the cover is modelled on a similar font used on the jacket of The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds.
- "Be Strong Now" – 2:50
- "Sound of Love" – 3:56
- "Beauty" – 3:44
- "See the Sun" – 3:59
- "Country Girl" – 3:01
- "Jealousy" – 3:26
- "Lover, Lover" – 3:21
- "Silver String" – 3:53
- "Winter" – 4:25
- "One and Two" – 3:31
- "No One's Gonna Hurt You" – 4:12
An additional track "My Advice" 3:15 is included on the Japanese version, after the last song "No One's Gonna Hurt You".
||Let It Come Down
||The Billboard 200
||No. 171 |
- James Iha - vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, bass, producer, string arrangement
- Matt Walker - drums and percussion
- Solomon Snyder - bass
- Neal Casal - harmony vocal, electric guitar
- Greg Leisz - pedal and lapsteel, electric guitar, bass on "Lover, Lover"
- Adam Schlesinger - piano, bass on "country girl"
- John Ginty - hammond organ, piano
- Curt Bisquera - percussion
- Eric Remschneider - cello
- James Sanders - violin
- Stacia Spencer - violin on "silver string"
- Jim Goodwin - sax on "Jealousy"
- Ralph Rickert - trumpet on "Jealousy"
- D'arcy Wretzky - harmony vocal on "One and Two"
- Nina Gordon - harmony vocal on "Beauty"
- Tonya Lamm and Shawn Barton - harmony vocal on "No One's Gonna Hurt You" and Country Girl"
- Jim Scott - producer, engineering, mixing
- Mike Scotella - mix assistant
- Scott Humphrey - post production
- Podboy - additional post production
- Flood - additional post production on "One and Two"
- Steve Spapperi - additional engineering
- Stephen Marcussen - mastering
- Eric Remschneider - string arrangement
- Dave Menet - guitar tech
- Russ Spice - equipment
- Rob Austin - chef and mantra maker
- Q Prime Inc - Management
- Jill Berliner and Eric Greenspan - Legal
- Mark Kaplan - accounting
- Chris Billheimer - art direction
- Jeremy Goldberg - cover photograph
- Anette Aurell - back photograph
- James Iha, Kevin Wells, Larry Hirshowitz - collage photographs
- Lou Kregel, Patti West - illustrators