Chinese refers to anything pertaining to China. Specifically, it may refer to:
- Chinese people, people of Chinese ethnicity and/or nationality
- Chinese language, a language or language family that forms part of the Sino-Tibetan family of languages
- Standard Mandarin, the standard spoken form of the Chinese language and most commonly taught as a foreign language. It is also an official spoken form in the People's Republic of China, the Republic of China, and the predominately Chinese Singapore.
- Standard Cantonese, often officially referred to as "Chinese" in the special administrative regions of Hong Kong and Macau in the People's Republic of China
- Spoken Chinese, many regional variants of the Chinese language
- Written Chinese, the writing system of China. See also Chinese character
- Chinese cuisine, styles of cooking originating from China
Chinese may also used as a modifier for Western activities and items that are most likely not of Chinese origin, such as:
For the etymology of the word Chinese, see Names of China.