Chatter can refer to:
- chatter in the speech sense - to talk noisily or conversationally. See also chattering classes.
- Related phenomena such as:
- In machining, the vibration of a cutting tool or workpiece, resulting in a poor finish, and sometimes tool or workpiece breakage.
- Noise generated in pipes due to vibration, which is generally caused by loose piping or other loose parts.
- In electronics, the unwanted bouncing of switch or relay contacts - see switch.
- In signal intelligence, encrypted electronic signals to be subjected to Traffic analysis.
- In the blogosphere, a daily compilation of odd news and musings - this, that, the other thing.
- Project CHATTER (1947-1953), a U.S. Navy truth serum project
- Chatter mark, an indication of glacial erosion
As a name, Chatter can refer to