: "bark", "rind", "shell" or "husk") may mean any of the following:
- Cortex (anatomy), the outermost or superficial layer of an organ, and especially in the brain:
- the Cerebral cortex (usually just cortex), the outer layer of the vertebrate cerebrum, part of which is the forebrain
- the Motor cortex, the regions of the cerebral cortex involved in voluntary motor functions
- the Prefrontal cortex, the anterior part of the frontal lobes of the brain
- the Visual cortex, regions of the cerebral cortex involved in visual functions.
- the Cerebellar cortex, the outer layer of the vertebrate cerebellum
- as well as in other organs:
In other sciences:
- Cortex (botany), the outer portion of the stem or root of a plant
- Cortex (archaeology), the outer layer of rock formed on the exterior of raw materials by chemical and mechanical weathering processes.
- The cellular cortex is the region proximal to the cell surface, that is directly underneath the cell membrane
In video games: