John Patrick DeSena (born December 6, 1987 in Braintree, Massachusetts) is an American actor best known for his work on the sketch comedy series All That, having joined the show's cast at the start of its 7th season in 2001. His family moved to Irvine, California in 1999 and he attended school there. He was a very active member of the international ComedySportz troupe (a comic improvisation team that participates in games as seen on Whose Line is it Anyway?)
- In 2004, DeSena began voice work on another Nickelodeon series as the young warrior Sokka in Avatar: The Last Airbender alongside fellow child actors Mae Whitman and Zach Tyler Eisen.
- Other external projects include a guest appearance at the Stars, Stripes and Skates skating gala at Madison Square Garden, NY (9/20/02), a TV commercial for Kraft Easy Mac (2003) and guest appearances on the hit TV Show Grounded for Life
- He tied with Logan Lerman for the 2005 Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) - Leading Young Actor (for All That.)
- He loves all the aspects of the entertainment industry.
- He attended his first San Diego Comic-Con in the summer of 2006, where he spoke at an Avatar: The Last Airbender panel along with castmate Dante Basco.
- One of his favorite moments working on Avatar: The Last Airbender was voicing Sokka when the character was hallucinating on cactus juice.
- It is stated in the Avatar Nick Mag Presents issue that the creators originally intended Sokka to be much more low-key, but when DeSena came in and brought liveliness to his character, they began writing towards it.
- DeSena is currently filling the role of the character Shane in the online series Dorm Life.
- He is also currently attending UCLA as a theater major.