OSCON or OS-CON capacitors
are a polymerized organic semiconductor solid-electrolyte device. An alternative chemistry is offered in a conductive polymer, but with the same trade name.
- This type offers longer life at higher cost than standard (liquid) electrolytics. 50Khours life at 85C.
- ESR is stable under varying temperature, unlike standard electrolytics.
- ESR lower than electrolytic, allowing use of smaller values for bypass.
- WV to around 35V.
- Cathode is Al foil.
- A Separator sheet is impregnated with electrolyte.
- Anode is Al foil with an oxide layer.
Sandwich is rolled and assembled into a leaded can.