BTR-EMS-AKG Janakeeya Vedi
(BTR-EMS-AKG People's Forum) was a political group in the South Indian
state of Kerala
, a splinter-group of Communist Party of India (Marxist)
. The group was led by expelled CITU
-leader V.B. Cheriyan (CITU is the trade union of CPI(M)). Whether the movement was to be classified as a party is unclear, but it acted in a party-like manner. The group was considered as being to the left of CPI(M).
In the Lok Sabha elections 2004 BTR-EMS-AKG Janakeeya Vedi had formed a front together with Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Flag.
Election result for the candidates of BTR-EMS-AKG Janakeeya Vedi:
- Mukundapuram: D.R. Pisharodi 6020 votes (0,83%)
- Ernakulam: P.S. Gangadharan 6185 votes (0,94%)
- Moovattupuzha: Appukkuttan 2001 votes (0,27%)
- Mavelikara: R. Kavitha 897 votes (0,14%)
- Adoor: P.K. Ramanan 4603 votes (0,67%)
- Kollam: Viswavalsalan 4919 votes (0,7%)
- Chirayinkeezhu: Sreenivasa Das 1141 votes (0,17%)
- Thiruvananthapuram: Pratap Singh 617 votes (0,08%)
The group name contains the names of three historical CPI(M) leaders, B.T. Ranadive, E. M. S. Namboodiripad and A.K. Gopalan.
In 2005 the group merged into the Marxist Communist Party of India (United).