is a broadcasting station in Osaka
, and it is affiliated with Japan Radio Network (JRN)
, National Radio Network (NRN)
, Japan News Network (JNN)
and TBS Network. MBS is also one of the major stockholders of Tokyo Broadcasting System, Inc. (TBS)
, TV Tokyo Corporation
, RKB Mainichi Broadcasting Corporation
, BS-i, Incorporated
and FM 802 Co., Ltd. Free translation of the name is "Everyday Broadcasting System".
Offices and studios
- the headquarters - 17-1, Chayamachi, Kita-ku, Osaka, Japan
- MBS Studio in USJ - Universal Studios Japan, 1-33, Sakurajima Nichome, Konohana-ku, Osaka, Japan
- MBS Senrioka Myrica Center - 1-2, Senrioka-kita, Suita, Osaka Pref., Japan
- Tokyo Branch Office - Akasaka Biz Tower, 3-1, Akasaka Gochome, Minato, Tokyo, Japan
- Nagoya Branch Office - Sakaemachi Building, 23-31, Nishiki Sanchome, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Japan
- The lion on Channel 4 (らいよんチャンネル) - The reason why the mascot character of MBS is Liyon-chan (らいよんチャン).
History of MBS
- December 27, 1950: The predecessor of MBS, , was founded.
- September 1, 1951: NJB started the second commercial radio broadcasting in Japan.
- December 1, 1956: NJB founded with Asahi Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).
- June 1, 1958: NJB was renamed "Mainichi Broadcasting System, Inc."
- March 1, 1959: After selling all stocks of OTV to ABC, MBS started a television broadcasting independently from OTV on , and made a network with Nippon Educational Television Co., Ltd. (NET, the predecessor of TV Asahi Corporation).
- 1960: A broadcasting studio was completed in Senri.
- 1964: MBS formed a radio network with TBS and RKB, which evolved into Japan Radio Network (JRN) in 1965.
- 1974: MBS joined a television news network called All-Nippon News Network (ANN).
- March 31, 1975: MBS changed to a news network called Japan News Network (JNN) because the president of the Asahi Shimbun in those days ordered ABC to change the flagship station to NET.
- May 15, 1977: The frequency of MBS Radio changed from 1210 kHz to 1180 kHz.
- 5 o'clock a.m. on November 23, 1978: the frequency of MBS Radio changed again from 1180 kHz to 1179 kHz.
- 1990: The new headquarters and new broadcasting studio was completed in Chayamachi, Kita-ku, Osaka. The registered headquarters moved from former Osaka Head Office of the Mainichi Shimbun, and the broadcasting studio moved from Senri.
- March 31, 2001: A broadcasting studio called "MBS Studio in USJ" was opened at Universal Studios Japan.
- September 1, 2006: MBS celebrated the 55th anniversary of starting broadcasting.
—MBS Radio (毎日放送ラジオ)
- Frequency: 1210kHz → 1180kHz → 1179 kHz
- Osaka: 50 kW
- Kyoto: 300 W
- Time: from 4:30 a.m. on Monday until 2:30 a.m. on Monday
—MBS Television (毎日放送テレビジョン)
- Osaka (Mt. Ikoma) and cities along Osaka Bay: Channel 4Osaka Prefecture
- *Kashiwara: Channel 54
- *Misaki-Fukanichi: Channel 54Nara Prefecture
- *Ikoma-Asukano: Channel 37
- *Yoshino: Channel 34
- *Tochihara: Channel 33Shiga Prefecture
- *Otsu: Channel 36
- *Hikone: Channel 54Kyoto Prefecture
- *Kameoka: Channel 33
- *Fukuchiyama: Channel 54
- *Maizuru: Channel 53
- *Miyazu: Channel 33Hyogo Prefecture
- *Mt. Maya (Kobe): Channel 31—many people in Kobe watch Channel 4 in Osaka or Channel 54 in Nada, Kobe
- *Nada (Kobe): Channel 54
- *Himeji, Ako, and Kinosaki: Channel 54
- *Kasumi and Sasayama: Channel 33
- *Nishinomiya-Yamaguchi: Channel 55
- *Inagawa: Channel 38Wakayama Prefecture
- *Wakayama: Channel 42
- *Kainan and Tanabe: Channel 54
- *Hashimoto: Channel 54
- *Arida: Channel 35
- *Shingu: Channel 36
- *Gobo: Channel 53
—MBS Digital Television (毎日放送デジタルテレビジョン)
- Remote Controller ID 4
- Osaka (Mt. Ikoma): Channel 16Nara Prefecture
- *Tochihara: Channel 16Shiga Prefecture
- *Otsu: Channel 16
- *Hikone: Channel 16
- *Koga: Channel 16Hyogo Prefecture
- *Mt. Maya (Kobe): Channel 16
- *Hokutan-Tarumi: Channel 16
- *Nishinomiya-Yamaguchi: Channel 16
- *Inagawa: Channel 38
- *Miki: Channel 16
- *Himeji: Channel 16Wakayama Prefecture
- *Wakayama: Channel 16
- *Kainan: Channel 16
- *Gobo: Channel 47
- *Hashimoto: Channel 42
Programs (Times in JST)
News and Variety
- *Thank you. This is Jun Hamamura (ありがとう浜村淳です) - Broadcast on MBS from 8:00 until 10:30 on weekdays, and from 8:00 until 11:30 every SaturdaySport
- *MBS Tigers Night Game (MBSタイガースナイター, Baseball games of the Hanshin Tigers)
- **Koji Ota's Tigers Stadium (太田幸司のタイガーススタジアム, A program relating the Hanshin Tigers)
- *National High School Baseball Invitational Tournament (選抜高等学校野球大会)
- HD: High-definition TV on Digital TVNews
- *MBS News (MBSニュース, HD)
- *VOICE (HD) - Broadcast on MBS from 6:16 p.m. until 6:55 p.m. on weekdays, and from 5:11 p.m. until 5:50 p.m. on the days of the baseball games of the Hanshin TigersInformation
- *Chichin Puipui (ちちんぷいぷい, HD) - Broadcast on MBS from 2:00 p.m. until 5:50 p.m. on weekdays, and from 2:00 p.m. until 5:11 p.m. on the days of the baseball games of the Hanshin Tigers
- *Let's know it! (知っとこ!, Shittoko, HD) - Broadcast throughout Japan via 28 TV stations from 7:30 a.m. until 9:25 a.m. every Saturday
- *Seyanen! (せやねん!, HD) - Broadcast on MBS from 9:25 a.m. until 12:54 p.m. every SaturdayVariety
- *Maki's Magic Restaurant (水野真紀の魔法のレストラン, HD) - Broadcast on MBS from 6:55 p.m. until 7:54 p.m. every Thursday
- *Akashiya TV (痛快!明石家電視台, HD) - Broadcast on MBS and CBC from 11:55 p.m. until 0:55 a.m. every Monday
- *Baribari Value(世界バリバリバリュー, HD) - end → Teppan Note (明日使える心理学 テッパンノート, HD) - endHirudora produced by MBS
- *Panda is coming to town (パンダが町にやってくる), 2008-11-03 -
- *Broadcast in the past (Dorama 30 era)
- **Inochino Gembakara (いのちの現場から)
- **Ya, Ku, So, Ku (ヤ・ク・ソ・ク)
- **Designer (デザイナー)
- **Shin Inochino Gembakara (新・いのちの現場から)
- **The Daughter at the Public Sento!? (銭湯の娘!?)
- **Shin Inochino Gembakara 2 (新・いのちの現場から2)
- **Gakincho~Return Kids~ (がきんちょ ～リターン・キッズ～), etc.Anime
- *Fight for the victory, Tigers! (猛虎V奪回へ!道一筋, Baseball games of the Hanshin Tigers)
- *National High School Baseball Invitational Tournament (選抜高等学校野球大会, semifinal and final)
- *National High School Rugby Tournament (全国高等学校ラグビーフットボール大会)
- *Koshien Bowl (American football championship, 甲子園ボウル)
- *Tsuruya Open
- *Masters GC Ladies
- *Mizuno Classic
- *Dunlop Phoenix Tournament
Special events hosted by MBS
- Osaka King (オーサカキング)
- MBS Radio Festivel (MBSラジオまつり)
- Beethoven's 9th Symphony with a Cast of 10,000 (サントリー1万人の第九), etc.
- *, etc.Women
- *, etc.
Other broadcasting stations in the Kansai area
Radio and TV