The station was on a section of the Severn Valley Line north of Bridgnorth and was demolished in 1966 to provide car parking space within the Severn Gorge. Until its closure on 25 November 1956, the signal box controlled railway traffic around the station and the level crossing that lead to the Iron Bridge. Closure of the signal box resulted in the token instruments being relocated to the Station Master's office.
Interestingly, photographs of the station running-in board show the station name as "IRON-BRIDGE & BROSELEY" (with hyphen). The cast iron nameplate on the signal box read "IRON BRIDGE & BROSELEY SIGNAL BOX" (Iron and Bridge being separate words without hyphen). Although thought by some people to have been closed as part of the Beeching axe in 1963 its planned closure pre-dated his report.
A "pay and display" car park presently occupies the site.