Bart vs. the Juggernauts is a video game released in 1992 for the Nintendo Game Boy.
Bart vs. the Juggernauts was inspired by the television
program, American Gladiators
. In the game, the player plays as cartoon
character Bart Simpson
from the animated television show The Simpsons
. Bart must battle huge muscle-bound "juggernauts
" in various character-themed levels (a level called "Kwik-E-Mart
Doggie Dodge" for example, where Bart must avoid dogs while collecting food items at the Kwik-E-Mart).
- Dr. Marvin Monroe's Hop, Skip and Fry
- The friendly game of basketball is twisted into a dangerous fight for survival by the famous psychiatrist Dr. Marvin Monroe. Bart must score a goal into the basket at the end of the court, but in order to get there he must cross over electrified tiles and face off against two hulking juggernauts.
- Captain Murdock's Skateboard Bash and Crash
- Lance Murdock, daredevil extraordinaire, has lended his demented hand to create this event. The contestant must roll down a perilous hill and jump off the ramp at the end, only to fly over a huge pit to kick the juggernaut on the other side.
- Nuclear Power Plant Bop `Till You Drop
- Mr. Burns lended his nuclear power plant for this radioactive event. The contestant and a juggernaut each stand on a small platform over a large pool of radioactive goo where they whack each other with padded bats until only one man (or 10 year-old kid) is left standing.
- Moe's Tavern Shove Fest
- Nothing beats some good ol' fashioned shoving at Moe's Tavern. The contestant must face off against Snarla, a tough female juggernaut, and Barney Gumble, the local booze hound. The man left standing on the mat is the winner.
- Herman’s Military Minefield Mayhem
- This militaristic event is akin to the most dangerous and exhausting training course ever designed. Here the contestant must parachute through masses of flying knives and then scuttle along a mine field covered in barb wire.
- The Krustyland Hammer Slammer
- This event requires all of the contestant's strength in order to keep the juggernauts on top of the poles. Fast legs and a strong swing of the hammer may not always be enough, so special containers of "Juggernaut Juice" periodically appear to get a strength boost.
- The Kwik-E-Mart Doggie Dodge
- The final event takes place in Springfield's top convenience store: the Kwik-E-Mart. Apu, the shop keeper, has filled his store with wild dogs and dog bait, and it's up to the contestant to get through the dogs and escape to the cash register.