- Bolo knife, a Filipino machete used for agricultural purposes and as a weapon.
- Bolo punch, a wide sweeping uppercut used in boxing.
- Bolo tie, decorative string with an ornament clasp worn around the neck, worn in the American West, also known as a bola tie
- a community or tribe in bolo'bolo (1983), by Swiss author P.M..
- Bolo, a slang term for Bolsheviks during the Russian Civil War.
- Bolo Shell, a type of specialty shotgun shell
- Bolo (tank), a type of enhanced artificially intelligent tank appearing in the science fiction of Keith Laumer. The word was vaguely taken from the US Army use.
- B-18 Bolo, a United States Army Air Corps bomber aircraft from the 1930s
- BOLO, an acronym used by law enforcement for "Be On The Lookout".
- Bolas, a throwing rope with weights at both ends to entangle prey.
- Bolo (slang), anything good in life; it is often yelled in a drunken rage.