For the Greek mythological figure, see Medusa
. The name may also refer to:
- Medusa, one of the daughters of the Trojan King Priam
- Medusa, New York, a community in Albany County, New York
- Medusa's Head is a mountain a few hundred metres high that lies hard on the left bank of the Orange River, downstream of Vioolsdrif in South Africa. It is comprised of folded sedimentary rocks and bears a startling resemblance to classic portrals of Medusa.
Biology and medicine
In entertainment and fiction
- The Medusa Touch (film), a British thriller-movie from 1978 with Richard Burton.
- Ensemble Medusa, a record label
- Madame Medusa is the name of the villainess from Disney's 1977 animated film, The Rescuers
- Madusa, a stage name used by former professional wrestler Debra Miceli, whose name is commonly misspelled as Medusa
- Medusa (comics), a superhero in the Marvel Universe
- Medusa (Honorverse), a fictional planet in in David Weber's Honor Harrington novels
- Medusa, the title character of comedienne Julie Brown's TV movie Medusa: Dare to Be Truthful, a 1992 parody of the Madonna Blonde Ambition Tour documentary Truth Or Dare
- Medusa, the name of a secret organization in the classic Bourne series of novels written by Robert Ludlum
- Medusa, a novel written by Thomas Thiemeyer
- Medusa, a song by Anthrax (band)
Ships and military uses
- Medusa (ship), one of the most infamous shipwrecks of the Age of Sail and inspiration for the controversial painting, Raft of the Medusa.
- USS Medusa (AR-1), a Pearl Harbor survivor
- Operation Medusa, part of the War on Terrorism in Afghanistan.
- Medusa, a variety of AA Missiles
- Medusa (weapon), a directional, non-lethal weapon for mob control designed to induce noise in the head
- Medusa, an Italian submarine of the Argo class, sunk in 1915 by an Austrian submarine; it was the first submarine to be sunk by another.
- Medusa (Dungeons & Dragons), a creature in the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game similar to the creature of Greek myth
- Medusa (Kid Icarus), the main villain from the Kid Icarus video game series.
- Medusa, a boss in the video game God of War
- Medusa (Lolo), an enemy in The Adventures of Lolo
- Madame Medusa, the blackhearted villainess from Walt Disney Productions' The Rescuers
- Medusa, the true identity of Rider from the Japanese visual novels Fate/stay night and Fate/hollow ataraxia
- Medusa Card Game, a gambling playing card game which is a form of poker
- Medusa (game engine), a proprietary C++ game engine developed by PaleStar and used in the game DarkSpace
- Medusa, the codename for Blizzard Entertainment's upcoming computer game StarCraft II