A new species of danio discovered in Burma by Tin Win in 2005. The only one of the true danios not yet seen by hobbyists.
Still awaiting a scientific name, temporarily referred to as Danio sp. TW01. It is possible that it is a colour morph of Danio feegradei to which it is probably related but indications are that it is a separate species.
- Maximum length: 3 inches 8 cm
- Colors: Brown, Black, grey
- Temperature preference: 20-25 celsius
- pH preference: 6 to 7
- Hardness preference: Soft to medium
- Salinity preference: Low to medium
- Compatibility: Good but fast like most danios, a large fish though, needs plenty of space
- Life span: Typically 3 to 5 years
- Ease of keeping: Moderate
- Ease of breeding: Moderate to hard