Make Your Own-opoly
is a board game
manufactured by TDC Games
. Based on the popular board game Monopoly
, it allows one to customize the game's various attributes using a PC
program and a color printer
. The game won the 2001 Hobby Outlook "Educational Item of the Year" award.
The game includes:
- A blank game board
- A CD with the customization software
- Seven sheets of paper templates to be printed onto
- A pair of dice
- Six generic tokens
- Another Book
Comparisons to Monopoly
Many game features that were present in the original version of Monopoly have been removed in Make Your Own-opoly. These include:
- Houses and Hotels.
- Eight missing spaces: an official Monopoly board has four rows with ten spaces on each; 40 spaces in total. Make Your Own-opoly has four rows of eight spaces; totaling 32 spaces.
- Chance and Community Chest cards; 12 "Bad news" and "Good news" cards are used instead (presumably due to legal reasons)
- Railroads are among the missing spaces (again, due to legal reasons)
- Free Parking is changed to a "Roll again" space, Jail becomes "Lose a Turn" and Go to Jail becomes "Fate" for unknown reasons (presumably legal reasons).