- Beating, a Sailing term for making headway against the wind.
- Beating up: hitting several or many times causing much bruising.
- This is its usual meaning when it is a noun with a number or article, e.g. "a beating".
- Or see battery (crime)
- Beat (music)
- Hence, beating means using a part of the body, especially the hands, to make a beat or rhythm.
- Beat (acoustics)
- Beating is part of the process of making paper, where the fibres of the pulp are separated and dispersed evenly in water
- Participle and gerund of the verb beat in its various senses.