The company was founded in 1918 by the trumpeter Vincent Bach (1890-1976), first making mouthpieces and then in 1924 its first trumpet. Over the years, the company produced several ranges of trumpets, cornets, flugelhorns and trombones, using the brand names Apollo, Minerva, Mercury, Mercedes and Stradivarius.
The Vincent Bach Corporation moved in 1953 from New York City to Mount Vernon, New York. In 1961 Vincent Bach retired and the company was acquired that year by the The Selmer Company, but the Bach line of brass instruments continues to be made, using the same blueprints and the same techniques as the originals. They are sold as a premium brand under the name Bach Stradivarius.