The following people are generally recognized as influential homeopaths
, either historically or currently:
- Allen, Henry C. (1836 - 1909), practiced classical homeopathy in the United States at the turn of the century
- Boericke, William (1849-1929)
- Boger, C. M., practiced classical homeopathy in the United States at the turn of the century
- Clemens Maria Franz von Bönninghausen
- Hering, Constantin (also spelled Constantine) (1800-1880) "the Grand Old Man of American homeopathy" , saxon-born homeopath, settled in Philadelphia in 1833, elected first president of the American Institute of Homeopathy when it was founded in 1844
- Nash, E.B., practiced, taught, and published on homeopathy in the United States at the turn of the century
- Elizabeth Wright Hubbard
- Dr. Rudolf Verspoor, former Director, British Institute of Homeopathy, Canada, co-founder and Director of first charitable trust in Canada for homeopathy (Hahnemann Center for Heilkunst Trust), co-founder and Dean of Philosophy and Principles of the Hahnemann College for Heilkunst as well author of numerous books and articles.
- Dr. Patricia Lynn Smith, co-founder and Director of the Hahnemann Center for Heilkunst Trust, co-founder and Dean of Student Affairs for the Hahnemann College, and developer of its Veterinary Homeopathy and Heilkunst program, former co-director of HomeoNet, co-founder of MARAC (Mid-Atlantic Regional Affiliated [Study Group] Council) for members of the National Center for Homeopathy, and its New Jersey representative, and author of numerous books and articles.
- Gabrielle Traub, practitioner, teacher and founder of The World Homeopathy Awareness Organization and World Homeopathy Awareness Week
- Guy Beckley Stearns (1870 - 1947) American homeopath and author. Made contributions to the beginnings of kinesiology and radionics.
- Kent, James Tyler (1849-1916)
- Rajan Sankaran (1960-present) practitioner, teacher, and author based in Mumbai, India
- Jan Scholten known for work on mineral families
- Jeremy Sherr known for his work in the field of homeopathic provings.
- Clarke, John Henry
- Luc De Schepper started a school of homeopathy for health professionals and authored a comprehensive textbook on homeopathy.
- Paul Herscu has been influential as a leader and educator and for the development of a method of analyzing cases called, "Cycles and Segments
- Richard Hughes "The Grand Old Man of British homeopathy in the nineteenth century" Represented the pragmatic and anti-mystical approach to homeopathy that was the orthodoxy for his time.
- Robin Murphy directed the Hahnemann Academy of North America and authored reference texts in the field of homeopathy
- Roger Morrison authored standard texts and helped to found Hahnemann Medical Clinic and the Hahnemann College of Homeopathy
- Hahnemann, Christian Friedrich Samuel (1755-1843), the founder of homeopathy.
- Dana Ullman, homeopathy advocate.
- Vithoulkas, George (1932-present) Greek homeopath, winner of Right Livelihood award for contributions to the field of homeopathy.