- For other uses, see Ancón.
Ancon Building Products is a company that designs and manufactures Stainless steel products for the construction industry founded and still based in Sheffield, United Kingdom. The main products being "Wall Tie", and brickwork support systems.
Ancon is part of Tyco International. The total workforce is around 300 employees.
Some projects Ancon has worked on include The Cholera Monument in Sheffield UK, The Lighthouse in Salford Quays UK, One London Wall in London UK, a Buddhist Temple in New York, USA, and the Marousi Train Station in Athens, Greece.
Significant Historical dates
- 1882 George Clark of Sheffield is founded
- 1971 Ancon Stainless Steel Fixings is founded
- Subsidiary Harris and Edgar based in Epsom Surrey acquired
- 1993 Ancon Stainless Steel Fixings and George Clark merge to form Ancon Clark Ltd.
- 1997 Ancon Clark’s head office relocates to the purpose-built President Park facility in Sheffield.
- Harris and Edgar in Epsom is closed to centralise operations in Sheffield.
- CCL Systems of Leeds, UK is acquired including five overseas offices
- 1998 Ancon Clark is merged with CCL Systems to form Ancon CCL
- 1999 Formation of Ancon CCL International and Ancon Building Products
- 2001 Ancon CCL International and Ancon Building Products merged.
- Company acquired by Tyco
- Specialist Stainless steel brickwork support systems for buildings
- Wall ties
- Wind posts
- ACS Stainless
- Wincro industries