refers to a combination of the standard tastes of sweetness
, and is often used as a metaphor
for experiences which have elements of both happiness and sadness.
The term may also refer to:
- Bittersweet, a London based acoustic / indie band
- , an electronic band.
- , indie rock band from malaysia
A number of songs and albums:
- Bittersweet (Apocalyptica song), a song by the band Apocalyptica, The Rasmus and HIM
- Bittersweet (Fuel song), a song by the band Fuel
- "Bittersweet", a song by The Venus in Furs, a fictional band from the film Velvet Goldmine
- "Bittersweet", a hit song by Big Head Todd & the Monsters
- Bittersweet (Hoodoo Gurus song), a 1985 song by Australian rock group Hoodoo Gurus from their album Mars Needs Guitars!
- Bittersweet Me, a song and single by the rock band R.E.M.
- Bitter Sweet Symphony, a song by The Verve
- Bittersweet (album), an album by Blu Cantrell
- Bittersweet (album), an album by Jenny Choi
- Bittersweet Symphony (album), an album by Jade Valerie.
- "Bittersweet", a song by Kanye West
- Bittersweet World, an album by Ashlee Simpson
- Bitter Suite, a single from Stoke-On-Trent band Friends Of Ken
- Bittersweet, a song by Within Temptation.
Film and television