“It's All Over but the Crying” originally appeared on alternative rock band Garbage's fourth studio album (2005's Bleed Like Me) and is rumoured to be the second single from the band's career-spanning retrospective album Absolute Garbage. It had been included on a prior November 10, 2006 tracklisting for the album and was officially confirmed for inclusion on May 22, 2007. The song has been remixed by Jeremy Wheatley for its Absolute Garbage inclusion.
In September 2005, “It's All Over but the Crying” was under consideration by Geffen Records
as a potential third US single and by A&E Records
as the fourth UK single from Bleed Like Me
. Due to the band going on hiatus, a single release never happened. On May 22, 2007, the song was listed for a September 10
single release on Allmusic
and AOL Music
. This release had not been confirmed, but would have supported the song's inclusion on the band's greatest hits
album. After the failure of the previous single to make much impact on the charts, it's now speculated that no more singles will be released from Absolute Garbage.
Credits & Personnel
(On “It's All Over but the Crying”, Duke Erikson is also credited with mellotron and piano)
- Written by Garbage 2005 Deadarm Music / Almo Music Corp. (ASCAP) and Vibecrusher Music / Irving Music, Inc (BMI). Administered by Rondor Music.
Absolute Garbage remix
- Remix and additional production: Jeremy Wheatley for 365 Artists.
- Additional programming by Brio Taliaferro for 365 Artists.
- Mixed at Twenty One Studios, assisted by Richard Edgeler.
- Engineer: Billy Bush
- Mastered: Emily Lazar & Sarah Register (The Lodge)
- Mastering Assistant: Joe LaPorta