may refer to:
As an abbreviation, Ala or ALA may stand for:
- Aerotransoprtes Litoral Argentino, a former Argentina airline.
- Alabama or Alaska, two states in the USA.
- Alanine, an amino acid.
- Alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid.
- Alpha lipoic acid, a nutritional supplement with anti-oxidant properties, and a chelator of mercury and arsenic.
- The Åland Islands' ISO 3-letter country code.
- Alcatel SA, a French telecom giant.
- A List Apart – a webzine created by and for web designers.
- Almaty International Airport.
- American Legion Auxiliary.
- American Library Association.
- American Lung Association.
- Animal language acquisition.
- ANSEL character set.
- Aphrodisias in Late Antiquity, a standard work in Epigraphy and a pilot EpiDoc project.
- Arab Liberation Army.
- Arizona Lutheran Academy.
- Association for Laboratory Automation.
- Associate of the Library Association, now CILIP, in the United Kingdom