was a NATO communications system
which dates back to 1956. The system was decommissioned in the late 1980s, and its frequencies reallocated for commercial radiotelephone service. The system was designed to be an L-band troposcatter radio system, which was meant to provide long-range communication service in the form of telephone
to NATO. These two services combined produced over two hundred channels, and equipment was in place to multiplex them to contain up to 12 different calls each. There were 82 stations, located in nine different NATO countries.
The transmitters broadcast at 832.56 to 959.28MHz, and some were able to produce a transmitting power of about 10 Kilowatts.