may mean:Sciences and philosophy
- Abyssal zone, a deep extent of the sea.
- Abyssal plain, a flat area on the ocean floor.
- Abyss (religion), is a bottomless depth.
- Abyss (Thelema), a spiritual principle within the system of Thelema.Literature
- The Abyss (novel), a historical novel by Marguerite Yourcenar, alternatively known as Zeno of Bruges
- The Abyss, a horror novel by writer Robert A. W. Lowndes
- In the Abyss, short story (1896) by H. G. WellsTV and movies
- The Abyss (1910 film), a 1910 Danish silent film starring Asta Nielsen
- The Abyss, a 1989 science fiction deep-sea adventure movie directed by James Cameron
- Abyss (Stargate SG-1), a 6th-season episode of Stargate SG-1
- The Abyss (Entourage), an episode of the Entourage TV seriesComics and animation
- Abyss (comics), a Marvel Comics mutant superhero/villain
- ZGMF-X31S Abyss Gundam, from Gundam Seed DestinyGames
- Abyss, Marvel vs. Capcom 2's Boss character.
- Abyss (Dungeons & Dragons), of Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game
- Abyss (Soulcalibur), a boss in Soulcalibur III
- Abyss (computer game), a 1984 text adventure game.Sports
- Abyss, ring name of Chris Parks, an American professional wrestler.Music
- Abyss, a song by Neo-classical metal band Stratovarius from their album Dreamspace
- Seasons in the Abyss, an album by the American thrash metal band SlayerOther
- In heraldry, the abyss is the middle of an escutcheon
- Abyss Web Server, a web server commercially developed by ApreliumRunescape
- In the pit of the Abyss, Abyss (Runescape)